
Definitely didn't want this post to ever be on here. It takes years off a momma's life, I tell you what. Will was out of town for work Thursday night and Emi started running just a small fever right before bed Thursday (I think from teething) and I gave her some motrin before bed. Well, around 1a she woke up crying so knowing she had a temp I went to get her and took her temp. It was 102.9 and so time for more motrin. I gave some to her and then took her in bed to sleep with me. She was fine and finally settled back down after giggles and some wiggling. About 10 mins later she woke up with a yell. I thought she was having a bad dream so I turned on my light and she just started seizing. I FREAKED in my mind but knew nobody was there to help ME. So I couldn't flip out like I wanted to. I immediately called 911 and they were on their way. I held her while she had convulsions and her little toes were curled under. It was SO scary and seemed like it lasted forever. It probably lasted a minute. She had stopped by the time I was off the phone w/ the 911 operator. The EMTs got here and Emi and I jumped in the ambulance and headed off to TMH emergency room. She was a trooper but didn't like all the loud noises. Good thing we had her lovey and the nice EMT guy gave her a little stuffed kitty cat to play with and let her keep it. She got checked out got poked, got shots and blood taken, etc. and in between all that took a few naps. We finally were discharged at 8a and headed home. The doctors say it was a febrile seizure which is common when a fever spikes quickly. So, we survived this first scariness and are praying that is IT... at least for this year. We are so happy she is doing better and that she is okay. Here's a pic I snapped while she was snoozing in her hospital bed with her lovey and her kitty cat. By the way, no I didn't stop to get my camera on the way to the ER this was taken w/ my phone.





10 comments:
Let's hope it was your first and last. I'm glad she is better!
how scary- I'm glad she is okay!
I am so glad that she is ok Mesa!
wow Mesa, that's all I have to say.
Just reading that made my heart sink again. I am so glad that she is doing much better.
OMG how scary!!! I hope the sweet girl is getting better!!! xoxo!
SO scary, but you did so GREAT! I'm glad she is doing good now!!!
So glad that everything turned out ok!
I'm so glad she's okay! Poor baby - and Mommy! How scary. Thinking of you!
U am just now catching up on things I know this is super scary My neice an nephew have seizures I am glad she is ok
Post a Comment