As the clock turned to midnight I was rocking Emily- she was sleeping but had woken up about 30 minutes before with a stuffy, runny nose. So, I got to spend the first few moments of Christmas with her and I was so grateful. To be Emily's mommy is the greatest thing in the world. I was rocking her again around 5am trying to help her breathe better because her lying flat wasn't very comfortable for her. She slept about another 30 minutes and we woke up for the day! As sick as she got overnight I would think she wouldn't be up for much on Christmas Day- boy were we wrong! She put on a smile and went on like nothing was bothering her. Except of course those times of the day when she would just get tired she'd look for me or her daddy and want to snuggle and sleep- which was totally fine with us (we love that part!). With a runny nose and a fever all day she still had the best First Christmas ever! She's probably getting a doctor trip tomorrow if she still has a fever but this is really only the first time she's been sick in her 8 months of life so we are grateful for that!
Here are some pictures of our Christmas- we had such a nice time with the family over at the house. Emily loved opening gifts and really liked eating the bows and the paper! As you can see- she enjoyed all her toys too! I think her favorite that she keeps playing with is that little play table Santa brought her. She can stand up at it and she loves to stand so she didn't do a whole lot of sitting today and no time practicing crawling- just standing pretty much. She loved everything she got though, with one exception...I think Elmo Live got to her after a while. We put it up in the closet for another day.
Emily spent Christmas with mommy, daddy, DooDah, Nana V., Grandma Clo, Aunt Marjie and Uncle Cory-we had such a wonderful day! Happy Birthday Jesus and Merry Christmas everyone!
Here are some pictures of our Christmas- we had such a nice time with the family over at the house. Emily loved opening gifts and really liked eating the bows and the paper! As you can see- she enjoyed all her toys too! I think her favorite that she keeps playing with is that little play table Santa brought her. She can stand up at it and she loves to stand so she didn't do a whole lot of sitting today and no time practicing crawling- just standing pretty much. She loved everything she got though, with one exception...I think Elmo Live got to her after a while. We put it up in the closet for another day.
Emily spent Christmas with mommy, daddy, DooDah, Nana V., Grandma Clo, Aunt Marjie and Uncle Cory-we had such a wonderful day! Happy Birthday Jesus and Merry Christmas everyone!




6 comments:
Merry Christmas! Our girls are the greatest Christmas present that anyone could EVER ask for! We love you and hope that you are feeling better real soon!
Love the pics. What a great family!
Merry Christmas Mesa, Will, and Emily!
Beautiful pictures Mesa! What a special day with such a beautiful little girl :) I'm so sorry she was sick, but I know she still enjoyed it - you can tell by her face in those pictures!
Happy holidays!
I love the pics..and I have to say that I love that fact that your dad is in them!! XOXO
Audrey
This is SO belated, I am catching up - but GREAT pictures and I am tearing up thinking about how much has changed for yall in the past year. YAY for Em's first Christmas!
Post a Comment