Saturday, January 10, 2009

Emily travels to Jacksonville

Our family and DooDah took a trip to Jacksonville this week. We had a ton of fun! First off.. Wednesday we went to (uncle)Greg's commissioning ceremony. He became an officer of the U.S. Navy. We are SO proud of him! Emily did very well during the ceremony, she was very quiet and respectful. After the ceremony we enjoyed a reception for Greg near the beach. It was a beautiful day!
We also took a separate trip to the beach on another day with DooDah. It was so much fun! It was a little cool out so Emily had on her sweater outfit that Debra gave her for Christmas! I took her socks off to let her feet get in the sand and she LOVED it! With the wind blowing and the sand in her toes she was having too much fun! She even ate some sand and enjoyed it!

Also, Emily went to the zoo for the VERY FIRST TIME! We had such a great time taking her to the zoo and she stayed awake the entire time! There was so much to see. Highlights include feeding a giraffe with daddy, and then feeding little birds some nectar with mommy and daddy- that was the funniest thing to Emily- she loved the birds. They were freaking mommy out a little bit so I am not sure if she was laughing at mommy or the birds that were yelling in my ear! Also, we got to see a jaguar hunting. He jumped in the water and was swimming and trying to catch some fish! We never saw him succeed but he kept trying! Also, at the zoo Emily got to take her first and second carousel ride! She didn't cry- she loved it! I think Emily is definitely a traveling kind of girl- she LOVES it! If only we didn't have to pack up half the house to leave!
To see a slide show of all the zoo pictures click here.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Sounds like you guys had a fantastic trip! Love the zoo pics, I think Em had a great time.

The Glover Family said...

Mesa,
Those pictures at the zoo are fabulous! I can not wait to see your new camera. The pic of the snake is incredible - all the animals look incredible and Emily well she is always the most adorable thing I have ever seen :o)
Lori

Melikat- Quinn and Camy's mommy! said...

What an amazing time! It looks like such a fun trip and I bet she enjoyed it all (you can tell by her face she had fun!). I LOVE the beach pictures too, so perfect.

Amy said...

I LOVE these pics! So so cute! I especially like the one of you guys with the birds :-) Too cute! Ryan loved eating sand when he went to the beach at that age, LOL!

I love her beach outfit and her little green sweater!

Tina said...

Wow, looks like all of you had a fantastic time! Bet it was nice to get away-cold or not!