Sunday, April 26, 2009

Emily's First Disney Trip! (part two)

Tuesday we left for Magic Kingdom around 8:30a to get there when it opened at 9a. We took the ferry ride over to the Magic Kingdom and it was great weather! Here are some of the pictures from our day at Magic Kingdom. Emily's favorite part was meeting Pooh and Tigger she got to hug and snuggle them. Also, she got to play in the fountains and get all wet! It was definitely a magical time to see Emily so happy and having a ball. I hope for everyone to be able to take their kid to Disney just to watch the joy on their face at such a young age. It's truly MAGIC! She also lost her glasses and nobody has turned them in yet. Good thing we had already bought a back up pair!

Wednesday we headed over to Epcot. We needed to throw in at least one "grown up" day in there. But it turns out Emily enjoyed that one too so yay for all of us! She slept thru our first walk around all the countries but was awake for fish and chips in "England" and a game of peekaboo in the red phone booth. Also she made friends with a duck because she had cheerios she was sharing. We went into the ride that is inside the big golf ball looking thing that is a 16 minute ride. Em did GREAT. It was actually pretty neat, at the beginning you slowly go by a screen and you are supposed to smile and it takes your picture on the ride. Well at the end of the ride it asks you questions about a "future" you might want to see yourself have and cuts your head out of the picture and "animates" you. Well it chose Emily and Will to animate and Emily was cracking up seeing herself ride on a rocket with her daddy. If you click on the collage you can see the bubbles of our heads in a picture that I took when we got off the ride. It was pretty funny. Em got to play in more water fountains at Epcot so she was a happy camper.. and also got more of her lollipop she hadn't finished from the day before.

Wednesday night we went to a show called the Hoop de Doo Review held at our campground. They had a big singing/dancing show and they served dinner which consisted of fried chicken, bbq ribs, baked beans, cornbread, macaroni and cheese, and salad. Emily was a HUGE FAN of the fried chicken- she couldn't get enough! Also, our waitress made the night really special since she knew we were celebrating Emily's birthday. She brought out the strawberry shortcake dessert with a candle on it for Emily. We of course let Emily chow down on it and she got a little messy! It was a fun night!
Thursday we headed to Animal Kingdom. It was a lot of fun! I spilled coffee all over myself when I first got there but that was the only non-fun part. We got to see lots of animals and actually that park was the one that was the most crowded! Emily got to meet a TON of characters there that didn't have long lines so we even got to meet Mickey! We also met Goofy, Minnie, Donald Duck, Chip and Dale, Eeyore, Pooh, and Tigger- she was having a blast! The safari ride was a lot of fun too!
That was the last big day of our family vacation but we had the BEST time. I cannot imagine it being any better. I'm so grateful we had the opportunity to take Emily to Disney for her 1st Birthday! Although she may not remember we'll have lots of pictures and an everlasting memory for Will and I that is for sure!

6 comments:

Erin said...

So glad it was a great trip! You have definitely encouraged us to take Ry. I hope he has as much fun as Emi did!

Tammy On the Go said...

I can't wait!

Desiree said...

Mesa I love all the pictures! I'm so glad you guys had such a great time!!!

Melikat- Quinn and Camy's mommy! said...

Wow, Mesa, that is such a wonderful blog entry. The trip sounds like so much fun and I just love those pictures! I really love her in that hat, she is precious. I can't wait until we can take Quinn.

Tina said...

I am so happy that you all had a wonderful family trip! I can't wait to take Kaleigh! The pics are great and sorry Emi lost her glasses :(!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! I wondered how much Em would enjoy Disney at this age but it sounds (and looks) like she (and yall) had an AMAZING time - so many memories as a family!! What a great birthday celebration for an extraordinary little girl. So happy yall had so much fun!!